Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Jayne's Weekend Workshop - Part 2

I started the second day of Jayne's weekend workshop with a swim first thing in the morning which was a nice way to start the day. 

Day Two was going to see us make two of the remaining projects. Each group had voted on the previous evening to see which two of the remaining three projects that we were going to complete as we would not be able to complete all three.  Our group had decided to make the gift box and the Calendar. 

As both groups had chosen to make the gift box, this was done together with both groups and the tea lights were supplied to us by Jayne to complete the box.  The gift box holds 6 tea lights and it could be used to put chocolates in instead of tea lights.  

It was made with Kraft card and the use of the Hougie Board and Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornaments.  Acetate was used to make the window and also a compartment on the left side to hold a tag, which was a nice idea.  It also had a tab on the side of the box which was pulled to undo the box and put it what you wanted.  As it was in red and white, this was not my favourite project of the weekend though.
The next project was the calendar and this was one project that I really liked. It was mounted onto Kraft card that had been distressed to look like wood.  The focal point was made using Jayne's Winter Foliage stamps and distress inks.  The only extra stamp that was used was Inkylicious Worn paint stamp which was used to create the wooden effect in the background.  I just loved the look of this project and although I am not really into the folk art look – this did it for me.

It was a great weekend and the company was really great.  The hotel and staff were great which just added to the weekend.  Hopefully this is the first of many more crafty weekends with Jayne and Helene.

Monday, 21 October 2013

Jayne's Workshop Weekend - Part One

I spent a lovely weekend last week in Crick at Jayne Nestorenko's workshop.  It was certainly a weekend of fun, crafting and food.  It was good catching up with everyone and a couple that I had not seen this year.
We managed to complete 5 projects of the proposed 6 projects and in my group we made a gift bag instead of a lantern.  Our first two projects were made with Jayne.

The first card was made using gilding flakes which we then embossed and one of Jayne's new stamps especially designed for this workshop which I coloured using Copic pens.  We also added a ribbon border using stamps and embossing powder. 

The next project was a gift bag and again the image used was another of Jayne's stamps which she had designed for this workshop. 

We thought that it was going to be easy and that we were just going to colour our image (which again was coloured using copic pens) and then matt and layer this onto a bought bag but we should have known better and that Jayne had different ideas - we were going to make the bag up from scratch.

This was easier said than done but in the end we all got there and succeeded in getting our bags made . 

The final project of the day was made with Helene - and again we  had the honour of working with some more of Jayne's stamps.  Jayne had ended up making 4 stamps for use with her workshop and on this card we used 2 of them as well as some stamps from Jayne's Winter Foliage set.

As this was a workshop with Helene, the were obviously going to be use of distressing inks and Helen really excels with this.  The card from was from a bought card blank which we coloured with distress ink around the borders and on the ivy.  We then cut into the ivy so that we could place our embossed white background. 

We then embossed the pattern using That Special Touch Mask Snowflake Frame and lightly distressed the raised pattern.  This had to be done very lightly and in the words of Helene "as light as a fairy's fart".  I guess this summed it up great!

Using distress inks we then created the scene inside of the frame and once this was done, glittered the frame.  This was then attached to the background and we then added the snowtree which had been painted with distress ink and lightly glittered.

Monday, 7 October 2013

Anne's Card

This card was made for a friend and I was hoping that I would get it made in time for her birthday.  As usual, time just seemed to run out but I managed to get it made and posted in time.

The background was embossed onto tan card using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Garden Lattice. I attached some ribbon that I had in my stash and some flowers that I had from www.wildorchidcrafts.com.  The "happy birthday" words were cut out using Britannia Dies.

The image was from Crafters Companion Frou Frou and was coloured using Spectrum Noir Pens and then cut out using Britannia Lattice Edge die. 
To finish, I stuck letters on the side to create my friends name.