Sunday 31 October 2010

Crafter's Companion Challenge 5

I just managed to get this finished in time for the fifth Challenge of Crafter's Companion, despite having it planned for a few weeks. I liked using the stamp and decoupage image on the workshop with Jayne so thought that I would use it again for the challenge.

The staircase image was from the Adorables range rubber stamps and the plaid background paper and decoupage was from the Adorables CD. I used roses from my stash but coloured some ivory roses with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I used Walnut Stain to add to the background of the plate and also to colour the darkest piece of brown background paper. For the lighter piece of brown background paper I used a mixture of Walnut Stain and Antique linen. I was very pleased with the effect that the ink gave, especially with the two colours together and will now experiment with using different colours to get a nice choice of background paers to use. Both were then mounted onto gold card.

No comments:

Post a Comment