Monday, 31 March 2014

Two Quick Cards

I have been extremely busy at work and at home these last few weeks and have had very little time for crafting so got behind in cards that I had ready in my stash.  

I needed to make a couple of really quick birthday cards that I had left to the last minute and needed to get the in the post really quick. 

I found the peel offs in my stash and decided to use then for quickness and mounted them onto some acetate,  then onto white card and finally some pink and then grey angel hair paper.  

I think that this is the quickest I have ever made two cards and although they are not what I would usually make - they did the job this time.

I am hoping that now with the lighter evenings due to the clocks changing that I will be able to get more crafting done.

Thursday, 20 March 2014

Motor Bike

I find it hard to find die cuts that I can use for males so when I saw this from Tattered Lace, it just had to fall into my basket. It is from the His Transport Embellishments set.  I cut out the motor bike in black card and then using Pebeo Gilding wax, coloured it with silver and King gold.  I also cut out two motor bikes in shrink plastic, coloured them also with the Pebeo Gilding wax and then shrunk them.

The background was created by embossing some black card with Die’Sire Embossalicious Gun Metal folder and then covering it with the Pebeo Gilding Wax Silver.

I framed the large motor bike in Crafters Companion Die'sire Decorative Die Nouveau Frame and the greeting and small bikes were framed by Spellbinders 5x7 Reflective Moment.  The greeting was from Spellbinders D-Lites Sentiments 1.

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Click, Flash Card

I needed to make a quick card for a friend’s birthday and decided that I would use images from a kit.  I do not usually do that but in this case I liked the images and it needed to be quick.

I used images from Hunkydory Crafts Fan-tash-tique Papercraft kit.  The card was larger than I usually make at 7.5 x 7.5 inches but I needed to make it large so as to fit the images on.

The background was My Mind's Eye  - Lost and Found 3 that I found in the US although my photography skills do not really show it.  

I then used three of the images from the kit and matted two of these onto some newsprint background card that was also in the kit.

I then finished it by adding some smokey glass glintz in the top left hand corner.