Tuesday 22 February 2011

Mother-in-Law's Birthday Card

I obviously found my packs of Dufex in the cupboard as I have made yet another card using it! This card was for my Mother-in-Law's birthday and she just loves cats. On seeing these designs by Dufex I knew that I just had to use one of them on her birthday card. The hardest thing was choosing which one of the three cats to use so left that choice to my husband.

Although it does not show up on the main photo, the design has been decoupaged and then matted onto shades of blue card that I bought in a pack from The Range. I also used the same card to matt and layer the greeting. I wanted to keep the background plain so as not to detract from the cat image and the main card was a blue pearlescent card from the Centura Bright card pack from Crafter's Companion. The side of the card was punch with a Martha Stewart punch and then a layer of the blue card laid behind as a border.

It was obviously the right choice of card as I received a phone call from my Mother-in-Law who was very pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment