Saturday 2 April 2011

Crafter's Companion Challenge 11

This month's challenge was to use the colours aqua and brown and I just love the way that these colours go together. I was pleased that I actually got to use some of my stash and did not have to purchase anything else to complete the card. Now if I could only do that every time! I also thought it was time to use the new Flower Fairies Fairyopolis stamps and these turned out to be just the right size for what I wanted to do. The background paper was Argyle Foundation paper and I used a Martha Stewart Corner Punch Scroll Lace and the brown was Core'dinations and cut using one of the new Spellbinders - the Fleur de lis rectangles. The image was stamped onto Aqua Foundation card also stamped using the same Spellbinder set and then coloured using distress inks. I added colour to the outside of the Aqua card again with distress ink - using the Tumbled Glass. The flowers were some that I had in my stash and I think that I had bought them from Hobbycraft some time ago. I use the Core'dinations brown and Foundations Aqua to create the tag which I have left blank until I need to put a sentiment on as I have not decided whom will get the card and for what purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Both fab cards Elaine using the fab fairyopolis stamps!!!
    Thanks for joining us at the crafters companion!

    Paula DT. x

    http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete