Sunday 17 March 2013

Bat Mitzvah Card

My husband and I had been invited to a Bat Mitzvah and I decided that I would try and make a card as it was going to prove difficult to buy one.  I had not made a card for a Jewish occasion before but as there did not seem to be much choice around, thought that it was something I would enjoy to try.  I tried looking on the internet for ideas but there did not seem to be too much out there.

I had previously picked up some background paper that I could use on one of my trips to the US.  It was a double sided and I was able to use both sides. 

I first cut out the background using the new Spellbinders die Enchanted Labels 28 to get the Mazeltov showing.  Then using the other side of the paper, cut a label from the JustRite Vintage label and banner die set with the largest size and then cut a label in blue card with the smaller size die. 

These were all mounted onto Centura card and then using my craft robo (which I has not used for about 4 years!) cut out the Star of Dav id shapes for the corner and also the words "on your" and "Bat Mitvah" and mounted these.

The recipient of the card liked it a lot and I know she certainly did not have two of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment