Friday 19 July 2013

Billy's Card

It seem to be the time of the year when I need to make quite a few male cards and this is the one that I made for my cousin. 

I always like to make him something special and this year decided on using some of the Stampscapes stamps that I had bought at Alexandra Palace in April.

I used Ranger Adirondack ink to stamp the sea, lighthouse, rocks and boat.  I used a mixture of 3 colours to get the variation (denim, eggplant and black) and then went over lightly with sailboat blue.

I then brayered the sky with lemonade and citrus ink using a mask over the lighthouse and boat and added the branches and birds to give depth.  The clouds were stamped with Sunset Orange, Cloudy Blue and Watermelon

I then added a sentiment from Making Cards for Men 2013 magazine which I mounted onto gunmetal mirri card and attached with a large brad and added the ribbon.  

I then mounted the card onto gunmetal mirri card and then onto a blue card to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment