Monday 18 November 2013

Card for my Husband

I was not going to make a card for my husband this year as although I normally do not buy card, I could not resist one in the Spurs shop that was a pop up of the ground.  By the time I had seen it, I knew that I was not going to be able to make one as good in the time so thought that he would have to have the shop bought one.
The night before, I decided that he would be disappointed without having his own hand made card so relented and decided to make a quick one for him.  I used Marianne Collectables die to cut out the shirt, shorts and ball in the correct colours and then stuck on the logos that I had printed out and cut to make it look more like the actual kit.  

I used a dark blue stardream card for the card base and mounted a white pearl card ont this and also used Spellbinders Lace Doily motifs - which for some reason does not look too girly.  I then added the Happy Birthday cut using Britannia dies to finish.

He was pleased and although loved his card from the shop - loved this one just as much and admitted he would have been disappointed without a card made by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Elaine, love the design and the die cuts.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete