Wednesday 27 May 2015

Graduation Day

I am now back off holiday - although with the weather we had, it did not quite have a holiday feel as was quite cold.  We had gone to the Iowa in US for the first few days for my nephew's graduation - or commencement - and had taken my mother with us.  We then headed on to Chicago to catch up with friends and for me to catch a baseball game after.

It doesn't seem like 4 years ago that we had a party to wish him well on his course.  We were really delighted that he managed to get a double major and also graduated Summa Cum Laude which is the equivalent of a First Class with Honours here in UK.

His girlfriend also graduated at the same time and it was great to meet her family.  

I decided that I wanted to make the same card for them both but one with a girl and one with a boy.  I managed to find La-La Land stamps Graduation Luka and Graduation Marci which were ideal for what I wanted but had to order them from Texas.  I coloured them with copics but kept the theme blue and yellow, which are the colours of the University.

I used both Spellbinder dies and Tattered Lace dies to create the background and just typed the sentiment onto some card which I then used my foiling machine to finish.

I also made a mortar board to go inside the card that popped up when opened. 

To finish, I typed a verse onto some card, added a picture of a diploma and mortar board and again foiled it.

I did not put a tassel on the mortar board and I could not get the right colour for Emily as the colour denotes the subject in the US and I just could not get the colour Citron right so left both off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment