Monday 31 August 2015

Nieces Birthday

This is the card that I made for my niece's birthday.  I can't believe that she is no longer a teenager and hopefully will be able to go to her graduation in 2 years - although I least I will not have to travel to the US for hers.


I thought that I would use one of Sue Wilson 's stamps and dies as I really love her designs and it is nice to have the matching stamps and dies to use.  I used the stamp Kalika Trio.  I coloured it using Chameleon pens. This was the first time that I had really used the Chameleon pens and not sure that I am that keen on them.  The idea sounds great but not as easy to use in reality. To me you do not get as much control with them.  I coloured the centre of another stamped image and then cut out the layers using Greek Island Kefalonia die but only using the outside edges.  I then cut out  another one in cream but this time included the embossing die and then cut out a centre and foiled the greeting onto this.  

I mounted both of these onto cream card adding ribbon to beneath the greeting and then onto brown card.  

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card Elaine and just taken a look at the ones you did at the Clarity retreat. They are all gorgeous. Bet you had a wonderful time. Hope you are well. Will be down your way on Sunday as we are celebrating my Sister in laws birthday with a meal at the Cranleigh in Hornchurch. Then it's off to Sudbury for a few days to stay with John's brother. xx

    ReplyDelete