Monday 21 November 2011

Black and Red

With the Spellbinders Pick of the Week on Create and Craft renewing my vigour, I decided to make a card that I had seen on Sue Wilson's blog.  I used different colours, ribbon and sentiment to her.  I decided that I would make it in black and red as I had found some black/red reversible ribbon when I was in Jersey CI in the summer. 

I wove the ribbon using a technique that I had learnt from Sue at one of her workshops.  The main panel was embossed using the Budding Vine embossing folder and the sides were created with the Spellbinder Parisian Accents die. I then put pearls down the side by using Cosmic Shimmer Black PVA Glue.

The black die cut was made by cutting two Parisian Accents motifs and joining them together. 

I used a Parisian Accents motif for the corner and the sentiment was stamped onto a Spellbinders Label 20. I edge the label with Black Soot Distress ink.  I added Creative Expressions organza roses at each end of the ribbon and used  roses  from http://www.wildorchidcrafts.com/ to finish this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment