Sunday 15 April 2012

Patchwork Card #2

I enjoyed making my first patchwork card so much that I thought that I would continue with that theme but use a different size, pattern and colourway to complete this card.  I thought that this would be an ideal card for a male in these colours.

I have used the pattern King of Crowns for this and used black, dark grey and light grey to make it.  This was a four-patch patchwork block.  I first embossed the paper using  Patchwork M-bossabilities and then with a square spellbinder, cut out the amount of blocks that I needed. 

I then cut the blocks - apart from the four centre blocks and the four corner blocks - diagonally. 

This was then attached to some white card and then I pierced around the edge of the card using the Tim Holz ruler. 

I stamped an greeting on some white card and using one of the Spellbinders Lattice motif dies, cut it out and mounted it onto the centre of the card.

This was then matted onto black card to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment