Wednesday 31 October 2012

A Card for my Husband

This time I managed to make a card a few weeks before his birthday - I was not going to have the last minute panic that I had the previous year so started looking around for ideas early.

I do find it hard to pick different topics each year but when I saw this topper of a map, old car and motel sign in a shield, it reminded me of our holiday stay in Holbrook, Arizona this year along Route 66.  We had stayed in a motel along the old Route 66 and my husband loved it, especially as there were a few murals on the walls of nearby building of the Route 66.  As soon as I saw it, I knew that it was right for him and it would be great as an easel card which he likes.

For the shape of the card, I used Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Large Labels.
The topper is from HOTP 3-D Papier Tole 8026 Vintage Journeys Die-Cut Paper Decoupage and the background papers are from HOTP Chocolate Paper Pack.  I stamped the greeting on the topper using the greeting from Paintbox Poppets. used Centura Pearl Ivory Card for the base of the easel card. 

I used the same Spellbinders and papers for the inside of the card and for the stopper I used a smaller version of the front topper that came on the same sheet and backed it with brown card.  I printed a verse on some of the Centura Pearl Ivory card and then cut it out with the smallest of the labels to complete the card.

I think that these papers make ideal cards for men and in this case hopefully bring back memories of our holiday.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment