Monday 31 October 2011

A Man's Birthday Card

I always find it difficult to make cards for my husband as I need to do it whilst he is not around and always seem to leave it late so that it is then a panic. Every year I promise myself that it will not happen this year but of course it does. For this year’s card I decided to use Creative Expressions stamp "Dream Cars".
 
I coloured the car in using Twinkling H20s and painted my husband's name as the number plate.

This was mounted onto some really lovely effect card that I bought from Jayne Nestorenko and I used the Fleur De Lis Rectangles from Spellbinders and mounted that onto some Core'dinations card that I had run through my Grand Caliber with That Special Touch Mica Masks - Metal Effect Mask and then sanded.

 I used some brads for the corner but as I did not want it to go right through the card, I cut the prongs off the back and glued them to the front of the card. The brads I used were Creative Expressions Antique Copper Screw Top Brad.

For the greeting, I again used a Spellbinder (one of the labels) on the same card as I mounted the car on and this time used Tim Holtz Washer and Tiny Fastener and again only glued it on to the card rather than pushing it right through.  I must admit to using a peel-off for the greeting but will say in my defence that I needed to be able to do something quick and that it does actually go with the card.

Next year I will plan his card earlier!!




No comments:

Post a Comment