Saturday 29 October 2011

Trifold Shutter Card

I was asked by a friend to make a birthday card for his son's 21st birthday.  He wanted a certain verse on the card and also photos of family and of his football team.  I was given a large envelope with lots of photos and at first was unsure how to tackle it.  I then decided that I would make a Tri Fold Shutter card with A3 card so that I could get as many of the photos on as possible without it being too overcrowded.  As I was not altering the size of the photos, I first made a template that would fit all the photos.

I also decided that I would used both sides of the card and have one side for family and the verse, and the other side for his football team.  I made the verse as the main focal point of the front of the card and matted and layered up card in the colours of the team.  It was then just a question of laying out the photos making sure that there was a good selection of the photos that I was given to use.

The reverse side of the card was matted and layered using football paper in the teams colours and again in coloured card in the same colours.  I made the details of the manager at the time as the focal point of the reverse.  There was a  copy of the team that played nearest to the day he was born and also a team photo of the team that season.  There was also the league table of where his team was in the league when he was born - not a lot different to now as they were in the second division then as well.  There was photos of his favourite players in the last 21 years and a few badges, programmes and the gates of the ground and even Bart Simpson in a West Ham kit.

With making this type of card, once his son has finished displaying it on the mantelpiece, he can put it in a frame as a permanent reminder.  Also this is not my usual type of card, I think hat it worked really well with the items that were given to me.  My main concern was the my friend and his son liked and and it was great to find out that they were both absolutely delighted with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment