Thursday 22 March 2012

Patchwork Card #1

I noticed that Sue Wilson had created a card showing the new Spellbinders using both the new dies and also the M-bossabilities that was a patchwork design.  This got my juices flowing as I love patchwork but do not usually get time to do any at the moment.  I will work on my material stash again one day but it is easier to make smaller items than larger ones at the moment. 

When I saw Sue's card, it gave me the idea that I could still feed my love of patchwork with the quickness of card making and started looking through all my pattern books for patterns that could be converted into cards.  I also felt that using a patchwork pattern would work for either male or female depending on the colours used.  It was oonly then I realised just how many different patterns I could come up with that would convert well to cards.

I decided that I would make a few cards in different sizes, patterns and colourways and the first one was the nine patch pattern - Cards.    I used a light blue, cream and snowhite pearlised card and embossed them with Simplicity for the cream, Patchwork for the light blue and Imperial for the white card.

After embossing, I cut out 3 squares with a spellbinders in each colour and the halved them all.  I then cut 2 of each colour in half again and then placed them in the correct order on matt silver background and then matted onto the light blue and then white and then onto a cream card.

To finish, I printed the four symbols of playing card and the words 'Happy Birthday' and then used Epiphany Shape Studio to punch them out and put an epoxy shape on top of the signs and words.  As I only have square epoxy shapes, I put the words on the diagonal to match the cards. 

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Elaine, it's very effective. lovely colours.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete