Thursday 1 March 2012

Ships Aweigh!

I was really pleased when Sam Poole designed her Nautical Journey and Weigh Anchor set of stamps as it was nice to get some stamps that would work well both for males and females. 

When buying her stamps, I also bought the Couture Creations embossing folder World Map which goes really well with her stamps but will also go well with lots of others.

I embossed a piece of blue paper with the World Map embossing folder and then coloured the raised parts with Distress Ink.  This was then mounted on to dark blue card.

I stamped the ship from the Weigh Anchor set onto white paper using Brilliance Starlight Silver and then coloured in using Distress inks.  I then cut out using the Spellbinders Circles, using the Out of The Box technique for the top of the ship so that I did not cut that part off.

I then stamped some compasses and ships wheels from the Nautical Journey set and the anchor from Weigh Anchor and again coloured with distress inks.

I put some ribbon that I had bought from Hobbycraft onto the card and then stamped a sentiment from Weigh Anchor onto white card and brushed over with watered down distress ink to give a streaky effect and cut out with Spellbinders Labels 21 and the mounted onto the card. 

I think that this makes a lovely male card with lots of texture.

I then mounted this onto cream card and finished off by making blue pearls around the edges with Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA glue Teal Sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment