Friday 6 June 2014

Birthday Wallet


I had seen this card in an edition of Making Cards Magazine and though that this would be ideal for my cousin's birthday as it was a great card for a male.
I did not have any of the stains or embossing folder that was used in the original but actually preferred what I used.
This card was made out of kraft card and I used the faux leather technique of Sheena Douglass for the strap part as that would get more use but not for the rest as I am not so keen on the feel on glycerine.
I used Darice Embossing Folder Crackle to create the leather effect and then used Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge to create the colour.  I used a piercing tool and a brown alcohol pen to create the stitching effect around the edges and the birthday greeting.
I used a Phill Martin's Words of Inspiration stamp on the inside and then a variety of stamps by Bee Crafty to create small cards that I put into the wallet and it was nice that I could actually put some real money in it as well, to give the effect of a real wallet.
I also put his initials on the front using some dome letters that I had. I must admit to a quick phone call to his mother to check what his middle initial was.




 

1 comment: