Wednesday 6 June 2012

Ships Aweigh Two

I was going to send the first card I made with this stamp desinged by Sam Poole and and the Couture Creations embossing folder to my cousin for his birthday but wasn't 100% sure about it.  I showed it to my mother and she said it was fine but then decided that I would make another one and change it a little

This time I made the card a little smaller to fit the embossing folder.  Once I had embossed some light blue card, using a cut-n-dry pen nib and Gathered Twigs distress ink, I coloured all the land brown.  Then using Broken China distress ink, I coloured the lines, compass and wording. 

I  then mounted some dark blue card onto a cream background and mounted the embossed card onto this. 

Then I stamped the ship using Brilliance Starlight Silver and then coloured in using the same ink with just a little purple and blue in the sea. I  cut the ship out using the Spellbinders Circles, using the Out of The Box technique for the top of the ship so that I did not cut that part off and using foam pads mounted onto the card.

Again, using the Starlight Silver, I stamped anchor, wheels and small ships around the outside of the embossed card, masking the embossed card so that it looked like the embossed card was mounted on the stamping.

I felt that this was a much better card than the first one and the right one to send to my cousin.

Using the Starlight silver again, I stamped a sentiment from the Paintbox Poppets stamp set and then cut with a circle spellbinders and mounted on the card to finish.


1 comment:

  1. Elaine this is a great card perfect for a male card.
    Love the design and detail, I'm sure your Cousin will love it.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete