Thursday 10 July 2014

Heartfelt Creations Workshop

I spent a lovely day on Friday in Kenilworth at a Heartfelt Creation Workshop. It was run by Oyster Stamps and the tutor was Emma-Lou from Heartfelt Creations ably assisted by her husband Richard.  Before Friday, I did have a few Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies but was not really getting the best out of them and had held of buying more until I had completed this workshop. I now feel that I will be able to use them a lot better than before.
 
The idea of this workshop was to learn techniques rather than spend time cutting and matting cards so the backgrounds and embellishments were already cut, enabling us just to concentrate on the techniques but still have finished cards.  This certainly worked for me.

The first collection we worked with was the Majestic Collection and we learnt how to colour the flowers and leaves quickly and then how to shape them in a few different ways.  We were only using distress inks to colour but we were putting the colour on with sponge daubers which did make it quick.  I have used a variety of tools for colouring before but never these daubers, but did like using them and will certainly be using them again.

I never realised that there were so many ways to shape one particular flower but we were certainly learning this on the workshop. It is amazing how just a little moisture can make such a difference to how the flower ends up looking.












We managed to get five cards finished in this session although the glitter did get put on at a later time.  I think that next time I make cards like this - I would make my own backings but I can understand why the backing were provided already in the classroom.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Stunning cards Elaine gorgeous detail,, amazing flowers, I wish we had workshops like this on the Island, we miss out on all this.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete