Tuesday 30 September 2014

Clarity Workshop Day 2


This was the last day of workshops that I would be doing this year so I hoped that I would really enjoy it. I was not disappointed and apart from one of the cards, these would not be what I would normally choose to do so was pleased that Barbara was making me think differently as I actually ended up really liking them.   We even got another visitor with one of Barbara designers dropping in with her new baby - that just happened to be wearing a t-shirt with Clarity Stamps emblazoned on it - nothing like starting them early!
 
Todays projects started off with using make up sponges, masks and just one colour which was Adirondack black.  This was my favourite project of the workshop - I absolutely loved this effect and was surprised how quickly you could achieve this effect. 

The second card was using three different alcohol inks on embossed glossy paper and was perhaps one of the hardest techniques to achieve.  Sandpaper was used to make the embossing stand out. 

The third card was using the gelli plate and although I started off not really liking it, ended up quite fond of it.  I especially liked adding your own scene to the blank canvas.  We used distress ink pads with a brayer and blending mat.

The fourth card was again using the gelli plate with acrylic paints.  We needed to use  three layers of the paint on the gelli plate at the same time to achieve this look - and also some bubble wrap was used.

To end the workshop, we got to play - I mean practise!-  using shaving foam and distress inks.  Great fun was had by all.

Barbara run a fantastic workshop and I found that Paul Church is such an expert when it comes to double stamping without getting double lines as some of the ladies found out.

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Elaine these are absolutely gorgeous, love the effects of them all.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete